Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sunburn after airshow

This is a follow up post where my friends were asking me how's my skin condition after the airshow. I can tell you this is terrible, this is the real sunburn that I ever had. This is my first time really get "burn" under the sun.

As you can see from the photo below, my shoulder area is badly burnt. Besides this, my face, ears, legs and hands are affected too.

_DSC0315 copy

_DSC0317 copy

Lesson learnt from this event are
1. Apply sunblock, the higher the SPF the better
2. Bring a cap
3. Wear long pants
4. Wear shoes
My skin is still under recovery mode and yes even after one week. But I am glad that I see the improvement and progress of recovery. Now I am like a snake, changing skin. And I am still applying lotion everyday and night (do I sound like a girl?)

2 comments:

  1. Told you to apply sunblock, never listen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always best to avoid sunburns, but if you get one, you need to take it seriously. I use a cosmetic product called Regen. It takes away the pain immediately and stops blistering and peeling. A bad burn becomes a tan in a day or so. Look at this:http://blog.oli-co.com/?p=561

    ReplyDelete