Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hot Air Balloon at Putrajaya

Last year I went to this hot air balloon event in Putrajaya before and it was a great one although I have to stand under the sun for a few hours to take photos and thanks GOD because it was an evening sun and I didn't get any sunburn (even without sun block).

Thanks to our government they organize it again at the same place and this time I wanted to go and snap some nice photos again with my newly bought camera and furthermore I saw those who went to the event came back with very colorful and cute balloons photos such as Levis Jeans, Darth Vader, Orange, Lion Face and some cute faces.

When I reach the place, the weather didn't seem to be welcoming me and my friend. The sky is very dark and we heard thunder too. Don't tell me it's going to rain where me and my friend had taken so much effort to reach here.

As you can see from the photo below, you just can't imagine how's the weather look like and I keep praying and hope that wind could blow the dark cloud away.

_DSC1326 copy

But my prayer doesn't seem to be working or heard by God.

Oh ya, if you notice, there was this rela (volunteer) army standing there, I found him as an idiot or maybe he is just STRICTLY following the instructions given by his leader? He was just blocking the nice view from all the photographers here. Everyone just don't understand why he need to stand there. As if the crew is going to have a big fight during the balloon setup? Although there were people yelling at him, asking him to stand aside but he pretended for not hearing it, a great pretender. There were few times, those trucks were coming to his way and he just remain standing there as a statue. Why la, die die must be there?

_DSC1333 copy

Finally, a balloon successfully stood up but it wasn't there for long and collapsed due to strong wind.

_DSC1356 copy

_DSC1344 copy

The sky is getting darker and I feel few drops of rain. And I am yet to see what I was expecting (as what I mentioned above).

They continued to setup the balloons and test the fire.

_DSC1371 copy _DSC1351 copy

But too bad, before I have the chance to see all those cute balloons the rain is getting heavier and all the crowds were running away and I was one of them who ran like mad to go back to the car which parked quite a distance away. I supposed to go for jogging this evening but I cancelled that for this balloon thingy and now I was forced to run because of rain. So I did a short distance run instead of the usual jog that I had. WTF...

I really feel disappointed and pissed off but what to do? I can't control the weather and furthermore today is the last day of the event. So lesson learned was don't come at the last day, if anything happened that preventing me to do what I've expected, at least I still have another chance for it.

I left the place sadly and hopefully next year our beloved government will organize this boring and yet colorful event again and I tell you this time round I am not gonna miss it like this time anymore and will equipped myself with a zoom lens . :(

No comments:

Post a Comment