Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fo Guang Shan 东禅寺 (Dong Zen Temple)

I always go to this temple during CNY because it will be nicely light up only during the 15 days of CNY. Since I have missed the chance to go to Kek Lok Si in Penang, I must make this trip come true. And the reason for me not going to Kek Lok Si was because of the traffic, super jam on the first week on CNY. I heard that it might due to school holiday and first year the Guan Yin statue’s construction was completed and the lights are nicer than last year’s. Anyway, I have missed it and gonna wait for next year.

I was there quite early on Friday due to the reason I wished to capture the sunlight before it sets. I have been told that this is the golden hour to take photos. When I reached there, lights are not up yet because the day is still bright but no matter how, I have started to take photos too.

Friday was a public holiday the crowd in the temple is superb, I have never ever seen so many people before. The best thing was we have decided to take dinner there. My friends and I have to waste so much time and effort to find a table that can accommodate all of us. Then what’s next? Queue up to buy foods! This is another headache.

The biggest problem has yet to come. After having dinner at the temple, the sky turned dark and lights are up. The most beautiful and long waited moment has started. After 30 mins of happily loitering around and took photos, it started to rain and getting more and more heavier. Usually the rain in this season will not last long, so I have decided to wait for it to stop. After waited for half an hour, there was no sign of stopping because it was getting heavier. Then I decided to go back with a heavy heart too. I didn’t complete my mission here, it was a failure trip and I was so disappointed.

Luckily, I have another group of friend planned to go there again at the last day of CNY. I have joined them and I have never ever regret for going back at the same place again in just 2 days time.

These are the photos taken during first day:

page5

page6

_DSC0504 copy _DSC0424 copy _DSC0431 copy _DSC0437 copy _DSC0466 copy _DSC0470 copy _DSC0489 copy

Here are the photos taken 2 days later:

_DSC0701 copy _DSC0542 copy  _DSC0547 copy  _DSC0583 copy _DSC0615 copy _DSC0637 copy _DSC0652 copy _DSC0687 copy

2 comments:

  1. Wah! I loooove colorful pictures, and your skill is so good, makes me happy when I see those pictures, and holy too. May Guan Yin bless me after seeing my comment here. LOL!

    ReplyDelete