Thursday, December 24, 2009

Microsoft Cibai

Hey, I am not scolding bad words or something like that. When I come across this term that MS used, I was stunned there, just can’t believe what I have seen. Oh gosh, MS, how can you use this term to name your new product. Okay, my friends, if you still don’t believe, why not take a look here.

All right back to the technical details of this thingy, it is actually an abstract interpretation-based static analyzer for modular analysis and verification of Java classes. I know it sounds a bit bombardstic and the description is not in layman term. It simply means this is a class (not the classes in school) that used in Java programming language.

Maybe to the Ang Mo, this word sounds nothing but just a new technical term in a programming language but it sounded very wrong in Malaysia, Singapore and etc.

Image that when you are attending a Java proramming class in college, the lecturer came in to the class:
Lecturer: OK, everyone I am going to teach you Microsoft Cibai now.
Student A: (Sound in disbelieve) Cibai?!?!?! And you gonna teach it?
Student B: Who want to volunteer for the class?
Lecturer: This Cibai is not the Cibai that we know. It can help us a lot!
Student C: I thought all Cibais are same?
Lecturer: …

Furthermore, there is this book called dummy for “something”. You can always see these books in those common book stores like Popular, MPH, Times and you name it. And you know what? There is a publication under this title called CIBAI for DUMMIES. Oh my god, do you think you can find this book in Malaysia or Singapore’s book store? If you do, please let me know. I would like to know how long can it stay at the shelf.

Whoever want to improve their performance while working with the Cibai, remember to look for this book ya. I am not kidding, it is printed on the cover.

cibai-for-dummies-thumb

Hopefully Microsoft will change the term later, or else you try to ignite your imagination again, in an IT office:
Colleague A: How’s your CIBAI today? Is it working now?
Colleague B: Of course! Since day one I was born.
Colleague A: …

No comments:

Post a Comment