Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Swimming Instructor

I am a person who like to watch stage play very much but I don’t have many friends around me are in to that. The last time I watched was 2 years ago and all these while I was watching Chinese version. Usually the stories are not bad, touching, warm hearted and meaningful.

Again thanks to the power of internet and social networking media, Facebook and Twitter. I get to know this drama from twitter and I thought it was over at that moment. So happen that during a conversation with a friend, he told me it was a great show and he watched it. Oh gosh, I was thinking that I am gonna miss it anyway because of knowing it so late. But he told me, the show was up for one whole week, not just one day only. I was like “What?!?! Really???”.

TSI_webfull

I was asking around and look for a friend to go and watch with me and I was lucky enough to find one. And I was asked what’s the synopsis of the drama. I said I don’t and I really don’t know at all but it won’t be a bad one. Just go and watch it and you will know.

It was a show that talked about love and relationship. 3 of them are strangers and they know each other at a public swimming pool. Eventually, the story goes on and tell us how they fall in love for each other, how confused was Guan (casted by Michael Chen) in the relationship, Dave was nearly became the substitute of Daniel and how Jan approach the swimming instructor.

I like the way Jan expressed herself to the one she loved and made the first move. Frankly, I did notice that nowadays girls are no longer like last time, where she liked someone, she will just sit there and wait for that someone to come and approach her. People might think that she is too desperate if she made the move first. Why the world would think it that way? We are equal, regardless you are a boy or girl and going after to the one you like is not something wrong. Anyway, thanks God, more and more girls are willing to make the first move now.

If the drama without Jan (casted by Davina Goh) and Dave (casted by Niki Cheong), I think it would be pretty boring, dull and gray. Because of these 2 characters, they brought colors and laughter to the audiences. They were so important in the show to make it lively. Dave was funny and cute especially during his first encounter with Jan. The way Dave and Jan speak was really funny and always made me laugh out loud. I will not forget what I saw and heard.

Until after the show, I can still remember this little conversation where Jan ask Dave about his current status:
Jan: Do you have a bf now? Is he a swimming instructor?
Dave: NO! Definitely not, are you insane?
Jan: ……
Dave: (broke the silent again) He is a life guard!!!

I laugh out loud after hearing this! Great!

If the show is still going on, I will recommend it to more and more friends. I can tell you, the money that you paid for the show is worth it.

2 comments: