Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Review of Mophie Juice Pack Air (Part 2)

As promised, this is the second part of the review. It will be more on the UAT and PST.

I read some reviews on the internet before deciding to get this extended battery pack and the reviews are saying that this is the “air” (slimmer design) version so the capacity of the battery is 1200mAh and will be able to charge from 0 to 80%. I was thinking that this is already enough as I don’t expect it to charge until 100% because its slim design.

From the perspective of UAT (User Acceptance Test), I feel a bit disappointed on the device because it can only give another 55-57% to the internal battery. Which means from 0 to 55% only but not as much as what the review said – 80%. I have tested a few times, where I started to charge the phone from 15% and it stopped charging when it reached 72%. It took around 1.5 hours to charge the internal battery before it became flat.

Usually, I will charge my phone and the extended battery pack overnight. By the time, I woke up at 8am, both the internal and external batteries are fully charge and I disconnected them from the power source. I have all the push notifications, push emails, fetch emails switched on. I use facebook, surf the net, twitter, send and receive emails on and off. By the time at 3pm, it left 15% by and I started to charge the internal battery with the extended pack.

Although it can’t fully charge my internal battery but at least it gives me another 55% of battery to use for the rest of the day until I got back home.

From the PST (Performance Stress Test) point of view, it takes more than 2 hours to fully charge everything and I found that this is acceptable. I would say 1.5 hours to charge the internal battery for another 55% is a bit too slow but the good thing is that you can still bring your phone around while it is being charged.

As a conclusion, you still need it for a whole day usage and charging them daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment