Monday, December 21, 2009

Tamarind Hill Restaurant

I have been hearing this name for quite sometimes and for those who went there before keep telling me it is a nice restaurant to dine at. I browsed the internet then only I found that there are a few Tamarind restaurants around in KL. The one I went is at Jln Sultan Ismail, remember not the others.

_DSC7718 copy _DSC7724 copy

I was invited to this restaurant for a friend’s birthday dinner. I arrived there quite early because I wish to take some shots before the sky turned dark. Personally, I felt that the environment is not bad, it gave you a very good mood for dinning. The design of the restaurant is a mixed of Burmese and Thai but some people told me it is a bit Bali feels. I guess you should be able to imagine how it looks like but if you can’t, why not go there and take a look?

Don’t ask me how about the food, forget it, just use the environment to compensate… Haha… OK, I found that the food is normal only, maybe you can get a lot cheaper outside in any chinese restaurant with the same or better quality.

I was thinking to bring my grandma to enjoy dinner here. Before reaching the entrance, I need to climb up the staircase and look at them, so many steps and not user friendly for disabled people at all.
_DSC7722 copy

And here’s the entrance of the restaurant. Staircase again. :(
_DSC7728 copy

There are lots of candles in the wall, it made me feel warm under the air-cond because I was sitting near to the wall._DSC7754 copy

Dim lighting in the restaurant that made you feel comfortable and relax.
_DSC7742 copy

I like the way they decorate the dining tables. Looks a bit classic and yet modern (what am I talking about ar?). A bit like what you see in Harry Potter? But definitely this is a lot nicer, right?_DSC7739 copy
_DSC7753 copy

Some other decorations in the restaurant.
_DSC7734 copy 

The candle wall.
_DSC7736 copy

Oh ya, before I forget, you can see the Petronas Twin Towers as well.
_DSC7737 copy

2 comments: